Social Emotional Learning in PBL
This one-day service provides an overview of PBL as a transformative approach to social and emotional learning (SEL). Throughout the workshop, participants will be invited to reflect on ways in which Transformative SEL serves as a lever for equity by lifting up identity, agency, belonging, curiosity, and collaborative decision-making for students. Participants will reflect on a project they have implemented or plan to implement to consider how to integrate SEL competencies more robustly into their project design.
In this workshop, you will:
- Describe the connection between the development of Social Emotional Competencies and Gold Standard PBL.
- Articulate the attributes of Transformative SEL.
- Identify SEL strategies and resources that can support project based teaching practices.
- Identify opportunities to incorporate SEL competencies within a project.
- This one-day workshop is a blend of direct instruction, video analysis, hands-on work, resource sharing, and peer collaboration and feedback. Your workshop will be facilitated by PBLWorks National Faculty members—all seasoned teachers, administrators, and coaches who are PBL experts.