PBL Coaching Workshop
Are you an instructional coach or leader who supports teachers implementing PBL? This is for you!
Gain the knowledge and skills to support teachers in PBL. Based on our PBL Coaching Cycle and aligned to our model for Gold Standard Project Based Learning.
- May 23-25, 2023 (Eastern Time)
- July 11-13, 2023 (Pacific Time)
- September 19-21, 2023 (Central Time)
For schools and districts, it's possible to schedule your own workshop for a staff group of instructional coaches and leaders. Get in touch
Who should take this workshop?
Instructional coaches or leaders who are looking to support teachers in project implementation.
Pre-requisite: You must complete the PBL 101 Workshop before participating in PBL Coaching.
- Identify teacher and student actions on Gold Standard Project Implementation
- Become familiar with best practices aligned to the PBL Coaching Cycle.
- Learn to use peer-driven feedback protocols
- Collaborate to develop a list of PBL look-fors, resources and strategies and coaching questions.
- Analyze data from a project in order to identify an area of focus for student learning and teacher practice.
- Plan PBL Coaching Conversations
- Instruction: Led by a member of PBLWorks' National Faculty – seasoned teachers, administrators, school coaches, and PBL experts
- Workshop Size: Up to 35 participants
- Workshop Length: 3 days
- Pre-requisite: PBL 101 Workshop
A bit more detailed description...
In the PBL Coaching Workshop, instructional coaches/leaders gain the knowledge and skills to support teachers in project implementation. Facilitated by one of PBLWorks’ expert National Faculty, the workshop is a balanced blend of direct instruction, videos from the field, hands-on work, resource sharing, and peer collaboration and feedback.
Participants actively engage in developing a PBL Coaching Toolkit, with the expectation that this work will be shared with all participants in the workshop. The workshop addresses coaching teachers to implement PBL in remote and hybrid contexts.
Each participant will leave with a ready-to-implement PBL Coaching Toolkit anchored in the teaching practices to facilitate high-quality PBL.
What to Expect in Your Online Workshop
Plan for a highly interactive few days together! Over 3 consecutive days, participants will use Zoom to connect with the facilitator and each other. The workshop includes whole group work, learning circles to build connection and community, small group activities, reflection and critique, and individual learning (with some voice and choice) — as well as a number of built-in break times. Each day is 6 hours with an additional 1 hour for lunch.
There will be activities that get participants out of their seats, opportunities to have fun with other participants, and time to work on the coaching toolkit.