PBL 201: Equity & Gold Standard PBL
- Prerequisite: The PBLWorks PBL 101 Workshop
- A 3-day workshop for up to 35 participants
- Designed for teachers, coaches, curriculum specialists, school & district leaders
- Led by a member of PBLWorks' National Faculty – seasoned teachers, administrators, school coaches, and PBL experts.
This workshop supports experienced practitioners in aligning your PBL practice with the principles of culturally responsive teaching. You will investigate and experience specific teaching practices and strategies in order to develop or revise an upcoming project through the lens of PBLWorks-identified equity levers: Knowledge of Students, Cognitive Demand, and Literacy.
In this workshop, you will:
- Articulate how Gold Standard Project Based Learning fosters equity in the classroom.
- Develop or revise specific project components (driving question, public product, etc.) to ensure they are authentic and relevant to students.
- Develop or revise project assessments to ensure students are working at the appropriate level of cognitive demand.
- Develop or revise literacy and scaffolding tools within the project based on anticipated and/or identified student needs to foster independent learners.