PBL 101: Introductory PBL Workshop
This workshop is 3 consecutive days with a cohort of up to 35 participants.
PBL 101 is the best way to get started with Gold Standard PBL.
As our foundational course in Project Based Learning, PBL 101 is based on tried-and-true strategies for developing learning experiences for educators that lead to sustained changes in practice.
Using our model of Gold Standard Project Based Learning, the workshop itself models the project design process. It provides participants with the knowledge and skills needed to design, assess, and manage a rigorous, standards-based project.
This workshop is also available as PBL 101: Career Pathways for interdisciplinary, career-pathway aligned Project Based Learning.
There are two ways to participate in a PBL 101 Workshop...
Bring our workshop to your school or district! Schedule a call to learn about bringing a workshop to your team.
Join us at one of our PBL Institutes. Register for a PBL 101 Workshop at one of our public events.
During this 101 workshop, you will:
- Understand the distinction between “doing projects” and Project Based Learning
- Incorporate best practices in formative and summative assessment into project designs
- Become familiar with online project design, assessment and management resources
- Learn to use peer-driven feedback protocols
- Draft a standards-based project design, including key success skills, a driving question, and major student products, that is ready to implement in your classroom
This three-day workshop is a blend of direct instruction, video analysis, hands-on work, resource sharing, and peer collaboration and feedback. Your workshop will be facilitated by a member of the PBLWorks National Faculty—all seasoned teachers, administrators, and coaches who are PBL experts.