Research: Out of the Gate
How can we produce more teachers ready to design and facilitate high-quality PBL “out of the gate?”
PBLWorks professional development
- How do Out of the Gate university faculty members’, cooperating teachers’, and pre-service teachers’ beliefs, knowledge, and confidence related to PBL change over time?
- To what extent do Out of the Gate pre-service and cooperating teachers report implementing high-quality PBL, and how does implementation change over time?
- To what extent do TEPs change how they prepare preservice teachers with PBL, and to what extent can the changes be attributed to participation in Out of the Gate?
- What challenges and supports do TEP participants and stakeholders experience and how can these supports be continued and these challenges overcome?
University of Mary, North Dakota
- Bismarck Public School District
Otterbein University, Ohio
- Olentangy Local School District
- Whitehall City Schools
- Westerville City Schools
- Carl Winchester School District
- Southwestern City School District
Grand Valley State University, Michigan
- Godfrey-Lee Public Schools
- Lowell Public Schools
- Kent Innovation High School
- Kentwood Public Schools
- Wyoming Public Schools
Wichita State University, Kansas
- Wichita Public Schools USD 259
- 2018 Evaluation Report (pdf)