PBL World 2024 Terms & Conditions
These are the Terms that govern your attendance at PBL World (the “Event”): a multi-day conference for educators presented by PBL Works. The Event will be offering workshops, presentations, panels, opportunities to network, and food and drink periods.
For registrants from the United States, Canada, and Mexico:
- Credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express are accepted for immediate registration online.
- Purchase orders: payments of $1,000 or more may be processed via Purchase Order. If your purchase is less than $1,000, you must pay by credit card.
- Purchase orders must be received within 30 days of registration date. To make PBLWorks a vendor, please download a copy of our W-9 form (pdf).
Note: Unpaid registrations are subject to cancellation after June 17, 2024.
For International registrants (outside of the United States, Canada, and Mexico):
- Wire transfer: Wire transfer is the only form of payment accepted for international registrants. Wire instructions will be shown on the registration confirmation page, and sent out via email.
- Customer is responsible for paying all associated wire fees, including sender and receiver wire fees. Please ensure the net amount of your wire is in U.S. Dollars and equals the invoice amount.
- Registrations from outside the U.S., Canada, and Mexico must be approved by the PBLWorks Events Team.
- Registration cancellations by a registered attendee that are submitted November 1, 2023 through February 29, 2024 will receive a 50% refund of registration fees.
- No refunds will be issued for registration cancellations submitted after February 29, 2024.
- Refunds for canceled registrations will be issued in the same form as the original payment when possible.
- PBLWorks does not award payment credit towards future services, products or events.
Cancellation, Postponement, or Change of the Event
- Cancellation. We reserve the right to cancel this Event at our sole discretion for any reason and at any time. In the event of cancellation for any reason other than due to a Force Majeure event, we will refund you any registration fees paid.
- Postponement. If the Event is postponed by us, we will provide you with a substitute ticket for the new event. No refunds will be provided if this Event is postponed by PBL Works.
- Changes. We reserve the right to make any changes to the Event at any time and for any reason. Changes may include but are not limited to the name, themes, content, program, speakers, time, date, and or venue.
- Force Majeure. The performance of the workshops is subject to termination without liability upon the occurrence of any circumstance beyond the control of either party - such as acts of God, war, government regulations, disaster, strikes (except those involving employees or agents of the party seeking the protection of this clause), civil disorder, or curtailment of transportation facilities - to the extent that such circumstances makes it illegal or impossible to conduct the conference. The ability to terminate this agreement without liability pursuant to this paragraph is conditioned upon delivery of written notice to the other party setting for the basis for such termination as soon as reasonably practical - but in no event longer than ten (10) days - after learning of such basis.
- In the unlikely event of cancellation, postponement or change of the Event, our total aggregate liability to you is limited to the refund of paid fees that remain after credit card and payment processing fees have been incurred and deducted.
- We are not liable to you for any expenditure, damage or loss caused or incurred by you as a result of cancellation, postponement, or change of the Event, including but not limited to travel, accommodation, and other expenses.
- We will use reasonable efforts to timely notify you of any cancellation, postponement or substantial change to the Event.
Registrant substitution requests must be received no later than June 5, 2024. After that, any substitutions will be processed on-site at the sole discretion of PBL Works.
To substitute a participant online:
- Log in to your account using the email address you used to register and your confirmation number.
- Click the Modify Registration button.
- Enter the new participant's name and email address.
- The new participant will receive a confirmation email that they will need to bring to check-in at the conference.
To substitute a participant onsite, please bring the following information to the Help Desk:
- The original confirmation email with the original participant's name
- Documentation from the original participant or group administrator confirming that you will replace the original participant
- Photo identification
Substitute participants must meet prerequisite requirements, and should be aware of any pre-work that was assigned by the workshop facilitator.
- Workshop substitution requests must be received no later than June 5, 2024. After that, any workshop substitution requests will be reviewed on-site in the sole discretion of PBL Works and workshop substitutions cannot be guaranteed.
- Other than in the case of an authorized substitution, the tickets you purchase for PBL World are only for your own personal use and cannot be resold or transferred to someone else. Reselling or transferring your ticket not in accordance with these terms, will void the ticket and the ticket holder will be denied entry to the event. We reserve the right to deny entry and to cancel tickets purchased by any person or entity that we reasonably believe to be associated with attempted or actual ticket reselling or transferring.
Your registration entitles you to admittance to the Event. Any and all other costs associated with your attendance (including without limitation any travel and/or accommodation expenses) shall be borne solely by you and we have no liability for such costs.
- Age Limitation. Children will not be permitted to attend any part of the Event and we do not offer any childcare services or facilities to attend to childcare needs. Please make appropriate childcare arrangements during the time at which you will attend the Event. There is no Event entry for individuals under the age of 18 years old unless attendance is previously authorized in writing by PBL, in its sole discretion. If PBL does authorize an underage individual to the Event, that individual must have permission to attend the Event from an adult parent or guardian and must at all times during the Event be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Service Animals. Please note no pets or animals are permitted, including emotional support animals. Registered service animals are always welcome. We reserve the right to request appropriate documentation to verify service animal registration.
- Attendance. All attendees must conduct themselves properly and must not act or present themselves in any manner that may cause offense, annoyance, or inconvenience to any other Event participants. If you act or present yourself in a manner that disrupts or interferes with the experience of others at the Event, PBL Works reserves the right to remove you from or deny you continued entry to the Event without any liability or obligation to refund.
- Venue. You must comply with the rules and regulations governing the venue in which the Event is held. If you bring any personal property or other items to the venue, you do so at your own risk. We are not responsible for any loss and/or damage to such property. If you use a parking facility at or around the venue, you do so at your own risk We are not responsible for any loss and/or damage resulting from your use of the parking facilities.
- Insurance. You are responsible for arranging your own appropriate insurance coverage in connection with your travel to and from and attendance at the Event. We and our related partners are not liable for any injury or damage to any person or to any real or personal property howsoever caused (except for death or personal injury as a result of our negligence or for any other type of liability that cannot by law be excluded or limited).
- Limitation of Liability. You acknowledge and agree that views expressed by speakers at or in connection with the Event are their own and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any advice given or views expressed during or in connection with this event.
- Materials shared or distributed at or in connection with the Event are intended for information purposes only. We and our related partners do not provide any guarantees, conditions, or warranties that the materials are complete or accurate and do not accept any responsibility or liability for reliance by you or any person on any aspect of this event and/or any information provided at the event.
To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, we shall not (whether in contract, tort, negligence, statutory duty or otherwise) be liable to you under this Agreement for consequential, indirect or special damages (including indirect loss of profit and indirect loss of revenue).
Nothing in this Agreement is intended to limit or exclude our liability for (a) death or personal injury caused by our gross negligence, and (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Subject to the clauses above, our maximum aggregate liability to you under these terms (whether arising in contract, tort, negligence, statutory duty or otherwise) shall not exceed the registration fees you paid to us.
Consent to Use of Photographic Images. Registration and attendance at, or participation in, PBL World and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to allow the Buck Institute for Education and third-party organizations to use and distribute (both now and in the future) the registrant's or attendee's image or voice in photographs, video, electronic reproductions, and/or audio recordings of such events and activities.
- Disputes. If a dispute arises between us out of or in connection with these Terms, we shall negotiate in good faith to resolve the dispute. If the dispute is not resolved within 10 Business Days of the start of our negotiations, either of us may refer the matter to the courts. This clause shall not restrict either you or us from initiating any proceedings in respect of a matter where either party has reasonable cause to do so to avoid damage to its business or to protect or preserve any right of action it may have, or from applying for or obtaining emergency or interlocutory relief.
- Third party Rights. Unless expressly stated, no provision of these Terms is enforceable by, or intended to benefit, any person who is not a party to these Terms.
- Severability. If any provision of these Terms is held by a court to be unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be amended to the extent necessary, and in a manner consistent with the intentions of the parties, to make it and these Terms fully enforceable. The unenforceability of any provision of these Terms shall not affect the remaining provisions.
- No Waiver. A delay in exercising, or failure to exercise, any right or remedy in connection with these Terms shall not operate as a waiver of that right or remedy. The waiver of a right to require compliance with any provision of these Terms in any instance shall not operate as a waiver of any further exercise or enforcement of that right. The waiver of any breach shall not operate as a waiver of any subsequent breach. No waiver in connection with these Terms shall, in any event, be effective unless it is in writing and refers expressly to this clause.
- Further assurance. Each party shall do and execute, or arrange for the doing and executing of, any act and/or document reasonably requested by any other party to implement and give full effect to the terms of these Terms.
- Remedies cumulative. The remedies under these Terms are cumulative and no remedy is exclusive of any other remedy except as expressly stated.
- Status of parties. Nothing in these Terms shall create, or be deemed to create, a partnership or joint venture or relationship of employer and employee or principal and agent between the parties.
- Entirety of the Terms. These Terms set out the entire understanding of the parties in relation to their subject matter and supersedes any prior understanding or agreement between the parties whether oral or written. Nothing in these Terms shall, however, limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Use of PBL Website
You may access the registration and information about the Event, as well as other products and services of our company, through our website, www.pblworks.org (collectively, our “Services”). Your use of our Services is conditioned upon your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms are in addition to any specific Event or product or services terms and apply generally to all individuals who access or use our Services.By accessing or using our Services you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the Terms then you do not have permission to access the Service.
If you wish to make any purchase of Services that we make available ("Purchase"), you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your Purchase including, without limitation, your name, your credit card or other payment information, and your billing and/or shipping information.
You represent and warrant that: (i) you have the legal right to use any credit card(s) or other payment method(s) that you provide in connection with any Purchase; and (ii) the information you supply to us is true, correct and complete.
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your Purchase at any time, for reasons including but not limited to: product or service availability, errors in the description or price of the product or service, error in your order, or other reasons.
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order if fraud or an unauthorized or illegal transaction is suspected.
Availability, Errors and Inaccuracies
We are constantly updating product and service offerings on the Service. We may experience delays in updating information on the Service and in our advertising on other web sites. The information found on the Service may contain errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. Products or services may be mispriced, described inaccurately, or unavailable on the Service and we cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information found on the Service.
We therefore reserve the right to change or update information and to correct errors, inaccuracies, or omissions at any time without prior notice.
When you create an account with us, you guarantee that you are above the age of 18, and that the information you provide us is accurate, complete, and current at all times. Inaccurate, incomplete, or obsolete information may result in the immediate termination of your account on the Service.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, including but not limited to the restriction of access to your computer and/or account. You agree to accept responsibility for any and all activities or actions that occur under your account and/or password, whether your password is with our Service or a third-party service. You must notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
We reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders at our sole discretion.
The Service and its original content, features and functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of Buck Institute for Education and its licensors. The Service is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United States and foreign countries. Our trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service without the prior written consent of Buck Institute for Education.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Buck Institute for Education.
Buck Institute for Education has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. We do not warrant the offerings of any of these entities/individuals or their websites.
You acknowledge and agree that Buck Institute for Education shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such third party web sites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third party web sites or services that you visit.
We may terminate or suspend your account and bar access to the Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, under our sole discretion, for any reason whatsoever and without limitation, including but not limited to a breach of the Terms.
If you wish to terminate your account, you may simply discontinue using the Service.
All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of California, United States, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have had between us regarding the Service.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time by making the most current version available on our website or otherwise providing it to you.
By continuing to access or use our Services after any revisions to our Terms become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms. If you do not agree to the new Terms, you are no longer authorized to use the Services.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at [email protected].